Selection Criteria | USDA Grants
Applications will be evaluated by an interdisciplinary group of senior scholars affiliated with or recruited by the Gifford Center and USDA-ERS. Proposals will be evaluated based upon several factors, including:
- Relevance to the USDA-ERS’ core mission to anticipate trends and emerging issues in agriculture, food, the environment, and rural America and to conduct high-quality, objective economic research to inform and enhance public and private decision making. .Research must be of related to USDA’s Strategic Goal: “Provide All Americans Access. to a Safe, Nutritious, and Secure Food Supply” or other USDA Strategic Goals.
- Soundness of the research design, potential impact, and likelihood of success.
- Qualifications of personnel.
- Appropriateness of budget compared to project goals.
- Balance of grantees between research areas and across disciplines.