Application Instructions | USDA Grant
Applications are no longer being accepted : Proposals were due by 5 PM Pacific Standard Time on May 16th, 2022.
Applicants should complete the web form located at https://ucdavis.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3UWoZPxM5s56GDs. In addition, proposals should be submitted via the above web form as a single PDF that includes the required elements in the order listed below:
- An abstract of 300 words or less describing the project, the novel use of the PP tools, and the unique contribution of the research, and how the research fits in with the USDA Strategic Goals.
- A project narrative not to exceed 5 double spaced pages, Times New Roman, 12-point font (excluding figures, references, and budget). The narrative should (a) clearly describe specific aims and their research and policy significance; (b) very briefly summarize the relevant literature; (c) fully describe the research design, proposed methodology, how the PP tools will use used, and additional data sources and (d) indicate how the proposed analyses will address policy questions and existing gaps in the relevant literature. Long literature reviews should not be submitted. Particular emphasis should be given to items (c) & (d).
- An itemized budget and budget narrative that explains each line item.
- A project timeline listing specific milestones for study completion. The timeline must be within the period from 07/01/2022 through 09/01/2024.
- Curriculum vitae for all investigators.
|Timeline of Important Dates|
|Call for Proposals||02/07/2022|
|Deadline for receipt of proposal||05/16/2022|
|Notification of award||07/15/2022|
|Virtual Work in Progress: Data Questions||October 2022|
|Virtual Work in Progress Check-in||01/13/2023|
|Virtual Work in Progress Check-in||June 2023|
|Virtual Work in Progress Conference||January 2024|
|Draft paper due||04/15/2024|
|Complete paper due||05/30/2024|
|Conference at 2024 AAEA meetings in New Orleans||August 2024|
|Final report and policy brief due||09/01/2024|